The role of crowdsourced agile testing strategy in iGaming software development
In the ever-evolving landscape of iGaming development speed and accuracy are more critical to success than ever. A crowdsourced agile testing strategy for iGaming that puts real people on the ground is much more efficient—and is now an indispensable part of fast moving SDLCs (Software Development Life Cycle).
Testa iGaming clients have found agile testing can help deliver software 50% faster and save them up to 20% on development costs. This integrated approach to testing and validation—conducted concurrently with development—is the key to getting reliable user experiences to market quickly.
Agile testing in detail
Comparing in-lab and crowdtesting approaches for agile testing
A notable approach is crowdtesting.
A crowdsourced agile testing strategy for iGaming brings in diverse end-users to participate in software testing. They offer insights and spot areas for refinement. They align the product meticulously with user expectations.
In the realm of in-sprint testing, both in-lab and crowdtesting methodologies have their distinct advantages and contexts.
- In-lab testing, traditionally conducted within controlled environments, allows for a systematic approach with specific scenarios and devices predetermined by the development team.
- It offers a controlled, reproducible environment, making it easier to replicate and address identified issues.
- Crowdtesting provides a more diverse, real-world testing environment.
- Conducted by a multitude of users from various backgrounds, devices, and regions, crowdtesting introduces unpredictability, offering insights into potential real-world challenges that might be overlooked in a lab.
While in-lab testing emphasizes precision and controlled replicability, crowdtesting capitalizes on the diversity of user experiences, ensuring that the software is versatile and resilient in various real-world scenarios.
The combination of both offers a comprehensive testing strategy, encompassing the controlled nature of lab testing with the real-world variability of crowdtesting.
The advantages of a crowdsourced agile testing strategy for software development
- Diverse user input: By incorporating crowdtesting as a form of in-sprint testing, you can leverage the varied insights and perspectives from a broad user base. This diverse input allows you to gather a wide range of feedback and uncover valuable ideas that may have otherwise been overlooked.
- Real-world testing environments: Your testing environments are designed to simulate varied, real-world conditions, providing reliable and accurate feedback on the performance and usability of the software. This comprehensive testing approach ensures that your software is robust and capable of delivering seamless user experiences.
- Quick feedback loop: With the integration of crowdtesting in your in-sprint testing process, you can facilitate immediate insights into areas requiring refinement. This prompt feedback loop enables you to make necessary modifications swiftly, enhancing the reliability and user satisfaction of our software.
This synergy between crowdtesting and in-sprint testing imparts invaluable insights to iGaming developers, allowing them to fine-tune their software and boost its reliability and user satisfaction.
Benefits of agile crowdtesting for iGaming software development
Immediate issue identification:Enables quicker spotting and rectification of bugs and glitches, reducing the rollout time of refined versions. Imagine an iGaming provider is introducing a new slot game. In-sprint testing catches a miscalculation where three scatters unintentionally pay out 100x instead of 10x the player’s bet. This prevents significant potential losses for the provider upon release.
Cost efficiency and enhanced productivity:
The implementation of this solution can result in significant benefits. It not only helps in reducing debugging costs by approximately 30% but also plays a vital role in accelerating the development of new products by up to 40%.
This, in turn, leads to smoother transitions between different developmental phases, ensuring a more efficient and streamlined process overall.
Continuous testing ensures the end product meets the highest quality standards, minimizing the risk of post-launch setbacks and ensuring user satisfaction.
For instance, the testing phase of a live dealer baccarat game, in-sprint testing spots that when a certain number of players join a table, the video stream lags. Addressing this in-sprint ensures that players enjoy a glitch-free experience during peak times.
Fosters clearer and more efficient interaction between developers and testers, optimizing each developmental stage and reducing misunderstandings.
For example, a developer team member misunderstands the design requirement and places the betting options on the left side, causing UI clashes and poor user experience. In-sprint testing, with the help of crowdtesters, flags this early, prompting a redesign in line with the intended user flow.
Synchronized efforts and seamless integration of varied inputs streamline the development trajectory, enhancing overall team productivity and software quality. Consider a real-life scenario involving a sports betting app:
- frontend developers design a sleek interface for placing live bets
- in-sprint testing reveals that the backend doesn’t update odds in real-time as expected
- backend and frontend teams to collaborate closely to fix the user experience
Driving profitability with agile testing in iGaming development
In-sprint testing is an essential element of iGaming software development that provides immediate insights and feedback. This allows for swift resolutions and the production of more robust and reliable software, with the collaboration of crowdtesting enriching software functionality and user experience.
By incorporating agile testing, developers can refine processes and engender a culture of continual enhancement and learning, crucial for ensuring accelerated deliveries and innovation in the ever-evolving iGaming landscape.
The tangible benefits, such as faster issue resolution and improved collaboration, elevate in-sprint testing as an indispensable practice in advancing iGaming software development processes.
The corroborated successes by industry forerunners accentuate its essential role in enhancing quality, reliability, and user satisfaction, significantly contributing to the perpetual growth and evolution of the iGaming sector.